Hosted Exchange is priced on a small monthly fee per account with no minimum contract fees. When comparing against purchasing and setting up your own Exchange server there are a number of costs to consider.
· Buy a dedicated Server & Firewall
· Purchase a Microsoft Exchange server license
· Purchase Outlook 2007 or Entourage 2004
· Purchase a SPAM and Anti-Virus Solution
· Time and cost of ongoing maintenance and IT support
· Other costs such as electricity, security and Internet connectivity
For the SMB market, a Hosted Exchange is ultimately much more cost efficient and provides peace of mind.